Sunday, March 24, 2019

Lymphoma: What To Expect :: essays research papers fc

On December 16, my life changed forever. I was in my third semester of college and had merely finished my last final exam. Having studied all night, I headed to the university gage room to shoot some pool and relax. After a some games I felt painful spasms in my neck and shoulder. At first base I thought it was a pinched nerve, and I tried to shorten it, still the pain just got worse. I wanted to go home, but I had promised my girlfriend we would meet. As I walked to her building the pain shifted to my dressing table and I grew short of breath. I remember sitting out on the steps, waiting, and thinking, What the hell is going on? Never had I experienced such fear. I thought I would die. Shari and I had been dating for only a month, and I did not want to alarm her. So when she appeared, I say nothing. She, her girlfriend, and I walked over to the cafeteria for lunch. I sat there quietly exhausting my best poker face. No one suspected anything. After lunch, the girls left to go to their next exam and I went home. Looking back, I should gain asked for help, but I did not. It took me over forty minutes to walk to my car. With severally step, the pain was more crippling. I felt like an elderly objet dart inching along with a walker. Foolishly, I drove myself home. I was nineteen geezerhood old, but never in my life did I need my start more. When I walked in the door my younger brothers and sister were there, but ma wasnt. I collapsed on the couch, but before I could explain mama arrived home. She could hear the desperation in my voice as I told her, Mom, I have to go to the hospital, something is wrong and explained what was happening. She rushed me to the Emergency Room where we waited in the lobby for hours. The nurses had already performed their initial assessment. They thought maybe I had a chest cold or perhaps sprained the muscles in my sternum. They wanted to incorporate an x-ray, but I had to wait. Mom was worried about my brothers and sis ter existence alone. My stepfather had met us at the hospital, so he stayed with me while she went home to address for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment